Sign up to get the latest updates
Representative Paul Evans for House District 20
Welcome to our website.
This is a space for you: I am grateful for the past six years as your voice in the Oregon State Capitol. Over these past six years we have made real progress for our people and place.
The following is a list of some the accomplishments we have made together since 2015:
- We passed paid family leave, paid sick leave, pay equity, predictive scheduling, and region-specific increases in the Minimum Wage for working families;
- We passed the Student Success Act ending decades of disinvestment in our public schools through an investment of over $1,000,000,000 in early education, K-12, education, and student-centered support programming;
- We defended the Low Carbon Fuels program, decreased lethal pollutants in certain plastics, and took action to end Coal generated power by 2040;
- We passed common-sense firearms safety legislation that closed the “private sales,” unmarried partner, and “stalker” loopholes, with increased funding for Oregon State Police background checks;
- We passed House Joint Resolution 202B that went before the voters as Ballot Measure 96 (passed by the People of Oregon with over 84%), permanently setting-aside 1.5% of Lottery Revenues for veterans’ outreach and services throughout the State of Oregon;
- We secured funding for local priorities:
- Seismic rehabilitation of the Center Street Bridge
- Critical remodeling and new construction funding for Western Oregon University
- Greenway improvements for the Independence Landing Project
- Match Funding for the Mike Mc Laran Center for Student Success
- Improved access to the YMCA Court-Care program for working families
- Significantly increased funding for affordable housing and wrap-around services
- Targeted resources for career and technical education for students in the Central and Salem-Keizer Schools
We have made real progress, but we have more work to do.
Getting things accomplished takes hard work, patience – and a dedicated team. Together we can continue to move our nation, state, and community forward — but only together.
We appreciate your input, and welcome your thoughts and ideas to move Oregon forward.
Representative Paul Evans
For the most current COVID-19 information, visit:
Please Note: If you have legislative questions please call my office at 503-986-1420