Skip navigation

Oregon Political Tax Credit

Every year the state of Oregon gives qualifying taxpayers a refund of up to $50 for individuals and $100 for couples filing jointly on financial contributions to political parties or candidates. This tax credit is open to all taxpayers making less than $100,000 (or less than $200,000 for joint-filing couples).

It's simple. Qualifying Oregon taxpayers can give up to $50 per year (or $100 for joint-filing couples) to a state political party or candidate and receive the full amount as credit subtracted from their Oregon state taxes when they file. If you are part of a joint-filing couple, the contribution can come from either member of the couple; the person claiming does not need to be the primary filer.

When making a financial contribution, the contributor must provide their name, address, email address, occupation and place of work. Providing employment information is required under Federal law to qualify for the political tax credit. If you are retired, please enter N/A under Employer and Retired under Occupation; if a homemaker, please enter N/A - Homemaker; if self-employed, please enter "Self-Employed" under Employer and describe your line of work under Occupation.