Welcome to our "Proposals Post." This blog is an evolving dialogue regarding public policy. We have provided this tool as an invitation for policy concepts - a full-spectrum "Request For Proposal/s" that can strengthen our community.
This page is offered as a marketplace for ideas - an ideologically neutral space where reasoned argument and sound evidence are given a fighting chance to compete with oft-generated infotainment advocacy. The submission form provides adequate space for a brief description of the proposal, its merits, and evidence supporting its claims.
For simplicity, the following issue analysis framework is preferred for all submissions:
1. A brief synopsis of the proposal (concept);
2. An identification of the significant problem/s (of the status quo);
3. An evaluation of the inherent structural and/or systemic factors sustaining these problems;
4. A plan that will solve most or all of the recognized problems;
5. Sufficient proof that the proposal will "cost" less than maintaining existing policy;
6. A description of agency: what/who has implementation capacity;
7. A reasonable timeline (and adequate tools) for an objective measurement of impact
Note1: ALL proposals posted in good faith will be evaluated and reviewed without regard for party, person, and/or philosophical perspective. Posting does NOT equal support - sponsored and/or recommended proposals will be appropriately identified - to avoid confusion.
Note2: The most powerful proposals will be showcased in the "Proposal Library." Categories are based upon an assessment of the overall creativity, sustainability, and utility of the idea - not on anything else. Successful proposals will be highlighted in future endeavors.