Policy spheres are complex; democracy is supposed to be that way - easy answers do not often rise to the level of public debate. And in a free state, robust and transparent dialogue is a blessing - even when we want to pull our hair out as a result. In simplest terms, these principles are offered so that they may be "factored" into the equation, whenever possible.
Consider them as a foundation; a starting point - rather than destination - for a shared public adventure involving a peaceful revolution of community practice, of citizen spirit. Even though every aspect within public policy-making is defined through circumstance, we can - and must - seek out a framework that advances polices we favor, retards those that we disfavor.
Hopefully these principles will help you determine the right "balance" for you. If not, at least they will inspire dialogue (both internal, and external) that will strengthen our Oregon. Hopefully, these conversations will eventually lead our community into the serious - shared - community-wide dialogue about the mechanics of rebuilding the Oregon we aspire to become.
Commerce - Global Markets, Local Prosperity
- Renewal of enterprise culture
- Strategic investments in global micro and macro collaborative ventures
- Development of global reach for small business evolution
- Playing to our strengths: natural resources, technology investments, and training - lifelong training access for an evolving workforce
- Secured capital for agile, flexible, and rapid industrial capacities - triad of private industry, public resources, and scientific research