Sign up to get the latest updates
About Representative Paul Evans for House District 20
Summer slips by quickly. We look forward to fall, football, and students returning to our classrooms. As the State Representative for Oregon House District 20, I never stop working for your interests, or the interests of our Oregon. The legislative session concluded on July 7. And though much of it was a long, hard slog, we did produce some highlights:
- We protected the anticipated lottery funds designated to expanding veteran services and outreach as determined by voters with their passage of Measure 96;
- We crafted a model to provide small business growth and improve fairness for taxpayers;
- We secured capital investments for seismic preparedness;
- We designated a $60 million set aside for a seismic upgrade for the Center Street Bridge; passed legislation to improve privately owned dams; and guaranteed rehabilitation of 2 buildings at WOU;
- We improved funding for schools.
These are just a few of the many highlights. Given the initial budget deficit of $1.6 billion, I am extremely proud of everything we accomplished. On a personal note, I am honored to have served as the Chair of the House Committee on Veterans and Emergency Preparedness. It afforded me a great opportunity to work collaboratively with democrats and republicans on many important issues.
With the current administration in D.C., several of the values Oregonians hold dear are at risk. Please consider attending one or more of my following town halls to discuss the issues important to you:
- October 11th - Independence Town Hall - Independence Public Library: 175 Monmouth St, Independence OR 97351
Finally, please SAVE THE DATE! On Nov. 20th we will be holding our 4th Annual Monday Night Football Fundraiser. Seahawks v. Falcons. Food, fun, football! Details forthcoming.
As always, I want to thank you for your support. I am humbled by the talent, time, and treasure you continue to donate. Our state, and this office, would be far diminished without your commitment.
Representative Paul Evans
Oregon House District 20
If you have legislative questions please call my office at 503-986-1420